I am seeking a challenging and engaging career in software development. Something that keeps my interest and rewards my efforts. I love working with software that goes along with hardware. Being able to control harware using software gives me a lot of joy. I am looking for a place where I can challenge myself and others as a software engineer and be able to enrich myself along the way.
I'm right at the last leg of completing my pilots license and would like to encorporate this into my career some day. I have dreams, but will need to do more planning before those can be accomplished.
The company I end up at will be a comfortable environment where I feel free to share my ideas. The place I go will be growing company with a hopeful future. The company will be directed by those who think progressively. It will be a place that has a grasp on how to run a project and not have week after week of forced overtime. It will be a place that understands the wants and needs of their employees and has the desire to seek them out.
Aircraft Systems Software Engineering Lead // Urban Robotics // 05.12 - 07.13
- C++ debugging and development using Microsoft Visual Studio 2010 on primary product which controlled aircraft image acquisition using numerous sensors, lenses and GPS location hardware.
- Pushed and implemented unit testing and code-reviews to application development flow.
- Replaced application logging in suite of products to a log4j style of logging using log4cxx.
- C# and VB.NET stability improvements to suite of .NET products along with the creation of in-house Visual Studio tools.
- Supported the aircraft system at different customer sites across the US in-person with international support done in Portland.
- Improved application suite installer after learning to use the Nullsoft Scriptable Installer System.
- Enterprise application development in VB.NET and C#.NET using Microsoft Visual Studio 2008 and 2010 accompanied by the use of Tortoise SVN (Subversion) for source control.
- Database development and design using Microsoft SQL; gaining a stronger understanding of stored procedures, views, and other database coding standards.
- Agile team development with developers, QA, and a project manager for six of the thirty modules in our system.
- Gained an understanding of the construction process focused around Project Management.
- Key contributor for the messaging and UI of the “QuickPay” component in the industry-changing IGT sbX Suite which drove sales with the successful deployment of the new $8.6 billion CityCenter Aria Casino.
- Product lifecycle management using Microsoft Team Foundation Server (TFS), Hewlett-Packard Quality Center, Rational DOORS, and Enterprise Architect.
- System application development in C# using Microsoft Visual Studio 2005 and 2008.
- Transactional database and UML design with Microsoft SQL and Enterprise Architect.
- Unit and functional testing as well as Product Assurance (PA) support for release components.
- Development and support across 16 teams working on 22 cohesive products.
- Product installer development using Flexera InstallShield 2009 and 2010.
MECOP Software Engineer Intern // Garmin AT // 06.07 - 12.07
- Implemented and tested FAA certified software for the Garmin 430/530 Embedded Avionics Products.
- Embedded software development in ANSI C using Microsoft Visual Studio 6.
- Lifecycle Management using Borland StarTeam.
- Processed and wrote multiple test plans for the Garmin products operability with other manufactures’ devices.
- Modified product design requirements to increase relationship between software and documentation.
- Worked in a team environment to diagnose and fix over 15% of found software defects.
- Created new startup sequence for the Garmin products which added to the overall device experience.
International Traveler // Experiences blogged. // 09.13 - 02.14
- Accomplished a dream of mine to do some long term travel by taking a trip around the south pacific experiencing ten countries: China, Vietnam, Cambodia, Laos, Thailand, Singapore, Indonesia, Australia, New Zealand and Fiji.
Volunteer // Hands on Portland // 07.13 - 09.13
- Taught refugee kids how to play soccer, handed out over two thousand backpacks to elementary schools, created science lab kits, cleaned donated books, picked ivy out of parks, and shopped for those in need.
- Volunteered 20+ hours of service.