Last month I made the decision that I’m going to do all I can to become a private pilot. So far I’ve found out the following:
- It’s gonna cost me around $7,000
- It’ll be an expensive hobby to keep up
- There are a number of locations in the Portland area to learn to fly
- I like Stark’s Twin Oaks Airpark the best.
- I’m gonna take my lessons from a fellow named James.
Though it’ll cost me up front, my thought is since it is education, that I can use it for years to come. Also, since I didn’t pay a ton for my car a couple years ago and live pretty frugalous, that I’m allowed to make this dream of mine happen.
Weather providing, this journey begins on Monday, August 30th, when I take my first lesson!
I’m going to be logging my adventure learning to fly at*: lookingtothesky.gilldev.net.
I hope the few people that read my blog will continue to track my progress as I learn to fly in the next few months.
*Looking To The Sky – lyric from “Learn To Fly” by the Foo Fighters.